- Why choose to have your mulch blown-in?
- Efficient distribution of mulch requires approximately 18% less material
- Requires fraction of the time to install versus hand install
- No mulch pile in parking lot taking up valuable parking spaces
- Less intrusive; no fences to take down and no equipment on your playground
- Only two workers used to install mulch
- Installation allows normal playground usage for children
- Finely ground texture results in higher inspector satisfaction and less risk of injury
- What type of safety surfacing should I choose for my playground?
IPEMA certified mulch which is made up of debarked virgin logs in a small chipped size, is wheelchair accessible and free of chemicals and other contaminates. (ASTM F2075 and ASTM F1292 – certificates can be provided)
- What depth should I have blown-in on my playground?
Our estimator will obtain accurate measurements of each playground and determine the appropriate number of cubic yards of mulch needed to comply with State guidelines.
- How long does it take to install the mulch?
It only takes a matter of hours versus days depending on the project.
- How long does the mulch last if it is blown-in?
Playgrounds are typically serviced (maintenance applications) every 6 months to one year depending on the amount of use.
- Can the playground mulch be blown-in if it is raining?
Yes, all playground mulches can be blown-in rain or shine.
- What types of customers utilize the blown-in method of installation?
Childcare centers, churches, private schools, public school systems, Homeowner Associations, City/County/State parks’ playgrounds.